The Friendship Walk NYC is a project of:
Friendship Circle of the Upper East Side
is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, that works every day to cultivate friendships between kids, teens & young adults with special needs and dedicated teen & young adult volunteers, providing social and recreational opportunities that are otherwise unavailable to individuals with special needs. Hundreds of meaningful friendships have been formed and so many lives have been changed for the better because of this beautiful organization.
* Ensures that children, teens and young adults with special needs can experience the happiness and companionship of friendship.
* Offers 40 social and recreational programs that cultivate meaningful friendships between hundreds of teen & young adult volunteers and individuals with special needs.
* Provides volunteer training, education and leadership opportunities.
* Brings energy, support and peace of mind to families of individuals with special needs.
* Shaping a kinder, more compassionate and selfless community of tomorrow.